Student Credit Cards are one of the best financial tools for Students to build their Credit Scores and Manage their expenses. This article tells you about credit cards for students, best student credit cards, college student credit cards, best student credit cards no credit, best student credit cards reddit, td student credit cards, student credit cards india, student credit cards apply, student credit cards age, student credit card age limit.
Have a glimpse at the Table of Contents to have a better understanding of this Financial Guide of Best Student Credit Cards in 2023.
What is Student Credit Card?
A credit card is a slightly rectangular piece of plastic or metal given by monetary foundations, which permits you to burn through cash from a pre-supported limit to pay for your transactions at both the web and offline dealers.
The card-giving foundation decides the cutoff, given your profile, pay, and financial record.
Moving out to pursue higher education and searching for ways of dealing with your costs? then student credit cards are choices you ought to investigate.
This choice will assist you with overseeing costs and managing cash better. we should investigate a portion of the student credit cards, their qualification standards, and the documentation expected to apply for them.
No matter what student card you pick, try to utilize it with an alert. Ensure you reimburse the whole sum consistently with the goal that you don’t stack up your obligation. All things considered, a student credit card can be colossally useful if you adhere to a financial plan and pay off your dues time on time.
SBI Student Plus Advantage card
The SBI Student Advantage card comes loaded with a variety of student-oriented benefits. Although this card is given exclusively to individuals with educational loans with SBI, you can get your hands on this card by opening a fixed deposit at any part of the state bank of India.
Moreover, you can move the balance from another Mastercard to your SBI student credit card to get a lower financing cost on your EMI. This will permit you to set aside cash while paying credit card dues. you can likewise book rail route tickets, cover your service bills, and appreciate 10x prize focuses on worldwide exchanges.
Special Features of SBI Student Plus Advantage Card
- zero yearly charges.
- 2.5% worth back on the buys made in departmental or supermarkets.
- 2.5% fuel overcharge waiver across all petroleum siphons in India.
- 1 prize point on each ₹100 spent on the card.
Axis Bank Insta Easy credit card | Credit Cards for Students in India
This credit card can be given against a fixed deposit, at any part of Axis Bank. You can make cash withdrawals up to 100 percent as far as possible.
A credit card breaking point of up to 80% of the fixed deposit chief worth can be given to this card.
Axis Bank Insta Easy Credit Card Features
- presents to 15% markdown on feasts at collusion cafés.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel exchanges in India.
- secured with a platinum chip card.
ICICI Bank Student Travel card | Credit Cards for Students in India
The ICICI Bank student travel card is a fantastic choice for people who want to study abroad. you can utilize this credit card to pay for your application and course expenses either on the web or through an actual swipe. The credit card permits you to deal with your everyday costs and can be utilized overall at outlets that acknowledge Mastercard.
You’re additionally qualified for International Student Identity Card (ISIC) participation which gives you admittance to limits in 130 nations and around 1,26,000 trader areas.
Significant Features of Icici Bank Student Travel Card
- can be utilized for payments towards taxi rentals, air bookings, convenience, and recharge on worldwide prepaid mobile.
- permits simple web-based account management.
- admittance to 24×7 client care through global toll-free numbers across 16 nations.
HDFC Bank’s ISIC Student ForexPlus card | Credit Cards for Students in India
An uncommon choice for students dwelling abroad, HDFC’s ForexPlus card gives you admittance to various monetary standards. They work like a credit card, where the transaction amount is charged straightforwardly from the HDFC understudy ForexPlus card.
The card is acknowledged overall at all outlets which are associated with Mastercard or Visa. One of the striking elements of this card is that when you complete a transaction, the change in the market rates won’t influence you.
HDFC Bank ISIC Student ForexPlus Card Features
- They work like credit cards and offer their holders ISIC participation.
- reload it in a flash anyplace or ask another person to do it for you in any region of the planet.
- other credit card advantages, for example, free protection inclusion, chip-based security, emergency money, and discounts on food, books, and convenience in 130 nations.
HDFC Multi-currency Platinum ForexPlus Chip card | Credit Cards for Students in India
The HDFC Multicurrency Platinum ForexPlus card permits you to get cash in 22 foreign currencies. The cash can be moved through secure internet-based wallets.
What’s more, this card offers assurance against the vacillation of unfamiliar trade rates that could increment or diminish the worth of cash. All things considered, this card is ideally suited for students who have multi-objective travel needs that expect them to convey several currencies in a single card.
HDFC Multi Currency Platinum ForexPlus Chip Card Features
- assurance up to ₹5 lakh is given against any burglary or abuse of the card.
- exceptional limits proposed to students to assist them with making additional reserve funds.
- complete assurance against fluctuating forex rates.
Eligibility Criteria and Documents Required to apply for Student Credit Cards
The base age limit to avail of this card is 18 years. the candidate should be selected at a college. as a need might have arisen, you will require the accompanying records to be qualified to apply for the credit card.
- PAN card
- residential address proof
- birth certificate
- College enrolment proof
- identity card of the college
- passport-sized photos
Student Credit Tips | Cards for Students in India
Might I at any point apply for a credit card online?
Anyone with a decent record can apply for a credit card. The main individuals who can not make a difference are as per the following.
- Individuals not having authentic reports to demonstrate their identity.
- The people who have petitioned for financial protection or announced bankruptcy.
- Individuals having poor credit records.
How to use a credit card?
You can use credit cards for both online and offline transactions.
- For offline transactions, the main thing required is that the individual accepting the installment ought to have a swiping machine. The cardholder ought to realize the secret PIN which must be placed to play out the exchange. One can swipe the card in the machine and enter the secret number and the transaction is finished.
- For online shopping, one needs to choose the credit card from the choices given on the shopping site, and enter the card number and expiry date given at the rear of the credit card, this will create an OTP, which is a four-digit number, and ship off the enrolled versatile number. OTP number sent hence must be placed in a slough in the first site from where the buyer must be finished. This will finish the most common way of making a buy.
How can I redeem reward points on a credit card?
Redemption will rely upon the deal made by the credit card organization at the hour of sending off the card. Recovery can be of the accompanying sorts given the offers as of now given by different credit cards.
- Changing reward points to cash which can be utilized to make further buys or used to pay credit card dues.
- Buying presents from accomplice organizations with the assistance of reward points.
- Buying presents from the credit card organization itself.
How To Use A Credit Card Wisely?
With scores of credit card organizations competing for focus in one of the biggest purchaser markets on the planet. Picking a card reasonable for your necessities can dismay you. From SBI to HDFC and Citibank to HSBC, each card guarantor has its rundown of advantages and worth-back offers. The proficient route is thusly a puzzling excursion.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Could an 18-year-old at any point get a credit card in India?
The Minimum age should be at least 18 years old to apply for a Credit card. Regardless of whether you are an extra Charge card holder, the age limit should be met.
Anybody meeting this model becomes qualified for a Credit card. Each bank has a predefined least pay set by them as a qualification rule.
Is a credit card great for students?
A student credit card assists you with building a decent credit card score before graduating. Along these lines, you can benefit from credit at serious terms from now on, given you deal with your credit card well. This kind of credit card offers different advantages like cash back and limits to assist you with setting aside a ton of cash.
What are the hindrances of a student account?
Student bank accounts frequently pay less revenue than standard records – not extraordinary if you have an amount of cash and are wanting to acquire revenue on it. Likewise, albeit many individuals could invite an interest-free overdraft, some may be enticed to see this as ‘free cash’ and spend more than they ought to.
Which credit card is best for an 18-year-old in India?
The SBI student plus advantage card is considered to be one of the most mind-blowing choices for minors and students. This credit card is exclusively implied to students who have acquired a training credit from SBI. For you to have the option to gain admittance to this card, you want to have a fixed deposit in any SBI branch.
How to apply for a credit card?
Candidates can apply for a credit card by visiting the site of the credit card organization or an accomplice organization.
If the individual isn’t very educated then they can visit the part of the branch or the workplace of the bank offering the ideal card.
Candidates can likewise call the toll-free numbers for booking a call with the specialist dealing with this.
How to increase the credit card limit?
Credit card limits can be expanded by further developing the credit card score by paying all the dues on time and not defaulting.
How can I transfer money from a credit card to a bank account without charges?
This will rely upon the credit card that one is utilizing, one can take out or transfer cash with the assistance of the credit card to a bank account as per the credit limits of the card. The client should pay a heavy premium for doing this and not paying this can prompt regretting in the credit score of that person.
Could I at any point get a student credit card without a job?
A student can apply for a student credit card if the person isn’t working. Contingent upon the ways of managing the money of the understudy, an essential Visa can be given.
How much pay do you want for a student credit card?
Since students will ideally not have to pay, banks have presented student credit cards which are explicitly implied for understudies and won’t need any paid source. The application for a credit card for an understudy should be possible against a current fixed deposit account.
Read More at Financial Club by Under20s
Hello Dear Friend, Hope you enjoyed grabbing this Financial Knowledge in a few minutes! If you truly enjoyed this then you can drop a hi to our Writer Neelesh Sharma and read more of our Financial Club Stories below!
- Axis Vistara Credit Card | Check Rewards & Benefits
- Slice Card | Card With Many Benefits | Apply, Benefits, Cashbacks, NoCost Emi, and Fees | Honest Review
- How to get a loan from Cred App | Cred Cash Loan | Cred Mint review, eligibility, and interest rate.
- ET Money “Do You need this Daily Financial Tracker?” | Review, Features, Genius, SIP, & Benefits
Follow Him and Us on our Social Media Handles – Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram. This story is Produced by Devansh Kaushal, Follow him on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. For any Queries/ Collaborations/ Promotions, Contact us at [email protected].